Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Heartbreak

For nearly a year and a half, Michael and I have been shopping for our first home. In the beginning, we didn't have the credit needed, and really had no way of truly establishing it. Thankfully, the bank gave us an out and told us what to do. For one year, we simply had to pay our bills on time and have the companies issue a "letter of credit". Easy enough. A year came and went, and the letters were issued.
Fast-forward to February of 2009. Letters issued and in hand, we went back to the bank, met the lendor, and got the ball rolling. I quit my job in November because of being pregnant with the twins, so we are a one-income family. Michael had only been with his job for 1 year 6 months when we applied. They waited until nearly June and then insisted he be employed for 2 years before approving us. Even though we had been looking at houses for months,again, we waited. August arrives and the lendor calls to say we can now begin looking house again, So we do.
We have seen countless houses, all of them lacking in one area or another. Finally, last week, we sat down and revised out list of "must-haves" and brought it down to the bare essentials. Still, only one house really looked promising.
Tonight we went and saw the house. It was excellent. It had it all. I was in love the moment I walked through the door. My MIL and FIL both met us there to see the house as well, and both were in agreement that it was just what we needed. Not only did it have all we need, it had all we want. Excellent.
We told Stacey (our realtor, and a woman of much patience... she needs it with us as clients :)) that we were ready to move forward. We set a time to go in and sign the contract tomorrow. We were elated!
As we pulled out of the drive, the seller arrived and asked, "Is the buyer here?" We replied that we were just looking but were hoping to be the buyers. She then tells us, it's already under contract.
I immediately phoned Stacey, who then phoned the listing agent who confirmed those horrible words, "Someone else already signed a contract on it."
I couldn't help but cry as soon as she told me. My heart broke. I looked in the rearview mirror at my beautiful children and I sobbed.
This house, the one we're tirelessly searching for, it isn't for us. It's for our children. Tonight, we thought our prayers had been answered and within minutes it was all swept out from beneath us.
I'm praying that a miracle house just happens into our laps, because our lease is up in 7 weeks and we have to do something. Please pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment