Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The New House

After nearly 2 years of planning, looking, and working toward buying our first home, all our efforts paid off. We were able to build a beautiful home for our family and have, at last, moved in!

We closed on our house Dec. 4. This was such a special event for me because it's my father's birthday. My father passed away 2 years ago this month, and my inheritance is what funded our down payment. To close on his birthday made it even more special for me.

December 5 was the great move-in! Unfortunately, it didn't go as smoothly as we'd hoped, but in the end, all was fine. Since the holidays were fast approaching, we did a very speedy move. Within 2 weeks of moving we had every box unpacked, every room arranged, and all the extras were stored in the attic!

We have lived in our house for 1 month and 1 week now. We love it! It has made our life with 3 small boys so much better. Getting out of the house on my own with the kids isn't such a struggle anymore since we don't have stairs and the car in conveniently parked in the garage.

Oh, and that tax credit is going to be pretty nice as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment