Monday, July 20, 2009

Mayhem

Cooper was my peanut when the twins were born. He weighed in at 1lb 3 oz less than Lucas, but has since surpassed his younger twin in height, weight, and now milestones. He can roll from his back to his belly with no problem, but when he is on his belly, he won't roll back. Now, it's not that he can't roll back over, because he can. I've watched him do it. He just prefers to cry and have me do it for him I think. He can sit up on his own for a few seconds before falling over. He can scoot around on both his back and his belly. He can find toys that he's dropped and he can pick them up and chew on them.


Lucas is a slug. He can roll from his tummy to his back, but like Cooper, he just won't. He is close to rolling back to tummy, but he's too lazy to give himself that last little push. He can sit for a few seconds, but gets mad while doing it. He loves his feet and always wants to hold them and sometimes even bite them. He is pretty good at grabbing for toys, but can't find them once he's dropped them. Overall, he is my lazy baby. He startles so easily, and gets scared by everything. Loud noises, strangers, Hayden growling... you name it, he's scared of it. He rolls that bottom lip out and starts screaming. He is a baby baby.

On the collective twin front there are solid foods. I hate feeding them solids. Those 3 times of day are my absolute worst. It is messy and requires so much patience. There are days where I can't feed them fast enough, and others where they would rather spray me with food than actually eat it. Breastfeeding two babies is 100 times easier than spoon-feeding two babies.

Hayden is all over the place. He has decided that his time is best spent playing alone in his bedroom with the door closed. During the short periods of time he exits his room, he loves to lay on the floor with his brothers. He can make them laugh easier than anyone else and love to watch him run around. He thinks they are awesome and gives them hugs and kisses all the time. He is learning new words every day. We have pictures throughout the house and he thinks it's fun to point out who all the people are. He has learned to shoot the basketball instead of dunk it and can actually make it about 1 shot out of 5. He is also learning to hit a ball with a bat when it is tossed to him. The tee-ball bit is old news to him. He wants more of a challenge. He is utterly defiant but at the same time, he loves his Mommy. One minute he is getting in trouble for hitting and telling me "no", and the next he is asking for "big hugs" and giving me sweet kisses. Potty training is a work-in progress. That's a post for another day.

I love my kids. They really are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment