Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm torn

I LOVE being a SAHM. I love spending all day, every day with my kids. I know that this life isn't for every Mom and I completely respect that. I feel very blessed that we are able to this because I think my kids truly benefit from it.

Now, that being said, I miss my job. I miss my freedom and my independence. I'm having a really hard time being just a SAHM. I know, I know. Taking care of three kids is a full-time job all on its own but it doesn't help pay the bills. Maybe it's because Michael and I aren't married, but I feel like I'm just living off of him and not really giving anything back.

Financially, we are ok. We have to live within our means, but who doesn't these days? I just wish that I could contribute somehow. I miss having my own income. I loathe asking Michael for money whenever I need something. I may as well take a knife and jab it straight into my pride whenever I have to do that.

The bank that I used to work for has a full-time position open. It isn't the same branch that I was previous at, but it is the same region. A big part of me wants to go back, but I would miss my kids terribly. I just don't know what to do. Michael doesn't want me to go back to work, and honestly, I don't think I do either.

It may sound petty, but to sum it all up, I just want my own income. How selfish is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment