Monday, April 5, 2010

Moments I love

I feel like time is just slipping from us and so many things in our lives are thing I never want to forget, yet I've done nothing to note them, so here I go!

We've recently fenced in our backyard which means the boys are free to roam and play as they like. Cooper as tried to eat rocks. Lucas has successfully eaten mulch. Both of the twins have taken it upon themselves to roll around in the mulch and look like swamp-babies. They think it's hilarious and, though I'll never say it out loud, so do I :)

Hayden's first time out in the fenced yard wasn't as pleasant as I had expected. He wasn't happy that he couldn't get to the drop-off and throw rocks down the hill. His solution? He tried to dig his way out under the fence. Like a dog. He didn't get far, but it's the fact of the matter. He finally opted for throwing what few rocks he could find over the back of the fence. He was so proud of himself when they went over, I think I'll fill a bucket for him next time :)

Cooper loves to find corners to crawl in. He wedges himself between the entertainment center and the wall and just sits and smiles. He is going to be like his Mama when he gets older. I'll never be able to find him. He's funny. He laughs all the time. He's happy and sweet and incredibly mischievous. He is independent and plays well on his own, but he loves to cuddle. He and Hayden get along so well. He loves crawl on top of Hayden and "pin" him. Hayden is such an awesome big brother. He lets Cooper pick and poke and crawl on him and is very gentle with him. When Hayden is told to go to his room and play (because he is SO loud) he looks at his brothers and says, "C'mere Lucas! C'mon Cooper! Let's go play." I LOVE IT!

Lucas and Cooper have been playing together more. It's quite sweet. They laugh at one another and talk in their cribs. Lucas will randomly go up to Cooper and give him hugs and kisses. It makes me melt.

Hayden is also very affectionate to his brothers lately. When they get hurt, he holds them. He will tell them "I love you my (Lucas/Cooper)". When I took Cooper away for a diaper change one day, Hayden ran after me yelling "I want my Cooper back!" So sweet.

I love our life so much. I never want to forget these days. As our boys grow and bond, it's like watching magic happen. I want to remember it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment